Monday night I spent doing math for my new cardigan pattern, pretty much until I went blind and didn’t know what addition was. I even did the math for multiple sizes at once. I kept going until I finished all of the math, and some general written instructions, for the back. Oh yes, I’m doing this in pieces. The benefit of this being not only that seams give a garment structure, but that I can start it piece by piece. The back was cast on Tuesday, and I’ve spent all of my knitting time ignoring that I can’t have a cardigan with only the back math done. But perhaps that’s what this weekend is for.
I’m also being vicariously productive (is that a thing?) through my test knitters. I set up a test on Ravelry for my Katherine hat pattern. I was debating back and forth for a few days about doing a test for it, but ultimately decided that if I was going to expect people to pay real money for the pattern, the pattern better be fool-proof. It’s actually really exciting having testers, and I can’t wait to see their hats. Because it’s a group for free test knitting on Ravelry, there’s only so much that I can ask for. I’m having two people using 100% wool and two people using 50% silk 50% wool. I even got so lucky as to have someone use exactly what my pattern calls for, Malabrigo silky merino.
Despite all of this excitement, if I’m being completely honest, I think I’m having sock withdrawal. It’s been very comforting having a sock going these last three months, something that I can just relax with, something that’s not too big or complicated. Soon enough I’ll be casting on for the April socks, just as soon as I figure out what they’re going to be.